WORKPLACE Wellbeing challenges
We offer a totally flexible solution to businesses and charities. See our wide range of options below.
Wellbeing challenges bring strategies to life!
Wellbeing challenges engage employees in a low cost, web-driven approach, by creating team challenges to tackle health and wellbeing issues and engage everyone – regardless of whether they are interested in getting fitter or simply feeling better. Each wellbeing challenge lasts ass long as you wish (standard four weeks) and can be used to bring a wellbeing strategy to life or simply run a fun based event.
Participating individuals can track and compare their progress on the live leaderbboard. Schedule your challenges, send an invite, check out the league tables and give out prizes, it’s as easy as that!
Why run a challenge?
1) to engage a defined group of people in improving their wellbeing (average engagement 64%)
2) to improve a specific area of wellbeing (57% of participants felt more resilient after a resilience challenge)
3) to change behaviour (47% of all who took part achieved more than 10,000 steps every day of the activity challenge)
4) to promote services
5) to raise money for charity
6) to run a fun, competitive event and improve morale
Managing the challenge
Wellbeing4business can run the challenge on your behalf or we can licence the Well121 software platform to the organisation who run their own challenge through a team of in-house health professionals.
We can run challenges that last any length – our recommended length is 28 days. We can choose any topic as long as the app can record daily activity.
- Set up, training and marketing
- Communication material
- Health tracking app
- Management reports
Choose a topic
We can run challenges on a wide variety of topics:
- Activity minutes
- Weight loss
- 5 a day
- Bespoke e.g. taking a lunch break
Decide on the duration
We can run challenges for as long as you wish:
- Days – small mini challenges e.g caffeine challenge
- Weeks – many organisations now choose to run 4 x 1 week challenges
- Months – our most popular time period is 28 days
- Combination – have a monthly challenge and introduce weekly challenges at same time
Link to an event
Link your challenge to an event:
- Wellbeing initiative – e.g have a challenge running alongside a health fair
- National event – run a challenge to coincide with a national event such as Dry January or Mental health awareness week
- Charity – promote fundraising by running a charity challenge
How some clients have built their challenges
- Heathrow business centre ran a steps challenge, did over 4 million steps in their first week and are now running 4 x 1 week challenges based on building resilient habits
- National Grid lost 365 stone running a weight loss challenge and raised money for charity!
- Dudley Building Society ran 5 different challenges over 8 weeks to support a two month health promotion even